Since its very first day of existence, Kaspersky has been one of the best products to guarantee cybersecurity and provide antivirus protection to every single customer.
After the US government accused Kaspersky of spying on Americans, the company relocated their data processing to Switzerland to stay away from any further suspicions. And they are doing good.
- Support for Linux platforms and the latest versions of Microsoft Windows
- Strengthen protection from new harmful programs
- Real-time antivirus security
- Active infections healing
- A flexible and fast scanning system
|Money back Guarantee|
|Manual Virus Scanning|
|USB Virus Scan|
|Registry Startup Scan|
|Auto Virus Scanning|
|Easy of use||5/5|
With all the features in mind, Kaspersky download is reasonable for:
- Individual consumers
- Users of PC
- Users who need basic computer security
- Android devices
Pros & Cons
If you wonder whether Kaspersky really is that great, take a closer look at all the thing it is good at, and all the drawbacks we can single out.
Reliability and security
Kaspersky is comprehensive protection against all types of malicious software. It works constantly, checking all files accessed by the operating system in real time. The complexity of protection is provided by four modules:
- file antivirus (checks all opened, launched and saved files);
- a mail antivirus (monitors all incoming and outgoing messages);
- web antivirus (protects against malicious scripts on web pages);
- proactive protection (provides detection of still unknown viruses).
In 2017, Kaspersky Lab products were evaluated in 80+ independent tests and reviews. The results were astonishing – 72 first places and 78 top-three finishes. The last year showed that nothing has changed. The company keeps on demonstrating outstanding results. Several respected labs tested different antivirus software, and Kaspersky is still among the leaders.
In July 2018, AV-Comparatives’ Real-World Protection tests showed that Kaspersky was number one out of 18 competitors to block all known threats. Plus, the antivirus did not raise false alarms.
In June 2018, AV-Test’s June Windows tests gave the company the highest marks for the level of security it provides.
Even the Free Kaspersky offer provides a high-security level to users’ computers.
Obviously, Kaspersky demonstrates top results on the market. But the company’s team would not stop improving their offers. So, they have improved the defense for 2019 products. The most significant improvement has to do with noticing ‘file-less’ malware which would live in a computer unnoticed for a long time.
Note that none of the company’s products would slow down users’ machines significantly. According to the AV-TEST Product Review and Certification Report, Kaspersky users noticed less than 10% slower installation of other apps, while other antivirus software demonstrates about 25% slowdown.
Kaspersky is one of the leaders in providing malware protection. Various lab tests proved that all products of this company are well-tuned to notice and remove unwanted software.
Three core elements make Kaspersky anti-malware protection so efficient:
- scan for files by signature to detect known threats;
- behavioral monitoring to catch “zero-day” malware;
- analysis of dubious programs which come from users’ computers.
Also, Kaspersky would not bother users with too many false alarms.
Another good thing about this antivirus is that it can heal the files which have been infected by any type of malware.
Ransomware is probably one of the most widespread types of malware traveling on the Internet. And most unwanted. Kaspersky offers a special ransomware blocker. They position it as a tool for business but actually, it is a good thing for anyone.
Kaspersky points that their ransomware protection uses a multi-layered model. Thus, the product is capable of noticing and stopping any threats at the delivery and execution stage. This includes analyzing the context of emails (together with attachments), searching software vulnerabilities, analyzing process activities. It can also recover infected documents.
Kaspersky antivirus includes anti-phishing tools which make it possible to protect users’ identity and personal data. If you try to visit a dubious site, the program will display a warning on your screen. It can also mask your usernames and passwords and thus, help to avoid having them stolen.
Ease Of Use
Kaspersky Lab Antivirus is among most user-friendly antivirus software. The installation process is simple, although it may take about 20 minutes. But the team says the 2019 edition takes 15% less time for installation.
Then the user has to go through a simple procedure of questionnaire filling out, specifying the country and accept the terms of the license agreement; all this takes no more than 2 minutes.
Once you have the software on your machine, you won’t have any problems utilizing it.
Kaspersky won’t affect the operation of the computer too much. Although a full scan should take about an hour, it will last less than scanning with other competing programs, and the user will be able to use their computer without experiencing significant slowdowns.
As for the Kaspersky control panel, it is really easy to use. Besides, the users can instantly determine if their system is protected or if there is a real threat.
Kaspersky’s 2019 dashboard was improved significantly. Now, it is lighter and more open. When your device is under risk, a green check at the top of the main screen will turn into a red “X.” You will also see what you need to do, for example, update the software.
Your home screen will also display Kaspersky’s main features such as Parental Control or Scan. In addition, you will see the date when your subscription comes to an end.
Talking about the scan, there are several options to choose from, and this what makes Kaspersky stand out among its competitors. These are a quick scan, full-system scan, and customized scan represented by Selective Scan and External Drive Scan. Note that you can always choose how often your device should be scanned.
Available Package and Extras
Another thing we would like to highlight in our Kaspersky review is the available packages, and the tools included in every product.
The features you get with the free product have much in common with what other antivirus providers offer. It gives general protection and reports on dubious websites.
As for paid products, Kaspersky offers packages for Home and Business.
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus is a basic package for Windows PC that will protect your computer from viruses and ransomware.
- Kaspersky Internet Security will protect your camera, regular checks of your home network computers, provide a day of secure data through a VPN (you can get an unlimited VPN protection for extra $30 annually). Mac and Android devices are covered.
- With the premium Kaspersky Total Security, you will get file encryption, backups, tools to manage your password, great technical assistance and more.
- Small Office Security. This package was designed specifically for companies with 5-25 computers. It will provide security to all the machines, file servers, laptops and mobile devices of your company.
- This product was developed for small and middle-sized businesses without full-time IT security staff.
- Office 365. This product will protect your Office 365 email.
- Business Select. Kaspersky positions this offer as the Next Generation protection and control for every endpoint
- Business Advanced. This product includes all of the tools delivered of the above mentioned Select package, plus additional instruments to defend your business.
Also, the company offers solutions for enterprises with more than 1000 employees.
The company also offers plenty of extras and free downloads which can be used based on users’ needs and preferences. These are Safe Kids, Password Manager, Security Cloud, VPN and more.
Note that you may use the 30-days free trial before purchasing any of the packages.
The prices for the products mentioned above depend on the number of devices which will be used per one user account. It is also more profitable to purchase their packages for a longer period since you will save much in the long run.
Here is the table for you to get the idea of the prices.
|Plan||Anti-Virus||Internet Security||Total Security|
|Price for 1 device||$39.95||$59.95||$79.95|
|Price for 3 devices||$75.95||$79.95||$99.95|
|Price for 5 devices||$95.95/y||$99.95||$149.95|
Plans for business start from $229.00/year for 5 devices (Small Office Security) and vary greatly depending on your needs.
Support and Customer Service
Technical support specialists are ready to come to the rescue at any time. Users of licensed Kaspersky total security receive hourly database updates, can download updates for installed products for free and contact technical support.
Technical support includes:
- consulting to solve problems related to the use of Kaspersky Lab products;
- providing advice on Kaspersky products functionality;
- help to change the key file in case it was damaged
Note that there are also helpful tutorials, FAQs and articles on the Kaspersky support website.
Is Kaspersky Any Good?
Kaspersky Lab is one of the most respected companies in the cyber defense industry, trusted by 400M+ users. This Antivirus is 100% efficient in terms of catching both common viruses and zero-day attacks. It can be used on a variety of devices, so whether you download Kaspersky for Mac, Android, or its classic Windows client, you will get solid and stable protection.
A great thing is you can even get a free version of the software, so you do not have to pay a cent to get the core protection. Still, with malware threats getting more and more advances, you will probably want to get a full Kaspersky package for ultimate protection.
Kaspersky Lab suggests a variety of packages that differ by the number of functions, so you will definitely find the one to your liking that will cover all your devices security needs. The most pleasant part is that packages come at really reasonable prices.