- This antivirus is compatible with most popular platforms.
- TotalAV offers a standard 30-day MBG (money-back guarantee).
- The 80/90-dollar-off deal for the 1st year is a great marketing move.
- As far as the most intuitive antiviruses go, this one is on top of the pedestal.
|Money back Guarantee|
|Manual Virus Scanning|
|USB Virus Scan|
|Registry Startup Scan|
|Auto Virus Scanning|
|Easy of use||5/5|
Back in the days, we only had a couple of antivirus packages on the market. These days, there are more than a few leaders that protect our computers like brick walls. During our TotalAV review you’ll get to learn about its pros and cons, but for now, let us just state that this product doesn’t lag heavily behind the competition. On the contrary, it makes most of them sweat.
User-friendly, intuitive, and with a whole line-up of fancy features, it manages to hold its own. Viruses, malware, Trojans, clickjacking – the TotalAV antivirus will defend your computer with pride and honor. It runs extremely smoothly in the background, letting you focus on the tasks at hand.
Interesting fact: while most big-time players in the business have been around for more than a couple of decades, this company is only 2 years old. It’s kind of one of the new kids on the block (so, don’t be surprised when your friends ask you – what is TotalAV?) Still, it performs beautifully, and the fact that it comes with a full-scale Virtual Private Network (it’s totally free) only adds to the overall appeal.
The VPN is provided by Windscribe and protects your identity on the Internet. Most TotalAV reviews don’t take this antivirus seriously simply because it’s not in the Hall of Fame, so to speak, but that’s not fair. It does have its fair share of advantages, and we’ll discuss them right now.
- Users who can’t imagine their lives without VPNs but don’t want to spend their hard-earned cash on them.
- Fans of discounts: the aforementioned 80/90-dollars-off deal applies when you buy one of the 1-year packages.
- Users in search of a lightweight software: TotalAV is extremely “quiet” and does its thing in the background without confusing you with heaps of alerts.
The List Of Pros And Cons
Ok, now it’s time to set the record straight and see whether the pros “beat” the cons or not:
Reliability And Security
As mentioned earlier in our TotalAV antivirus review, this product is fresh out of the oven and it still needs AV-Test to prove its performance. In social media, TotalAV is not very active, which makes it almost impossible to understand whether it performs well on a global level or not. At the same time, TotalAV works great, and the real-time checks are done in the background, without interfering with your routine.
One of the greatest facts about this beast is that even when it’s running system scans, you can still do your thing. That’s great news for all the hard workers out there that don’t want to lose their precious time. Most antiviruses require the user to close every single program/app/window and wait until the scan is over.
Furthermore, this clever antivirus is always checking for issues with your computer’s performance speed and helps it work better and faster. Plus, it frees up a lot of space on your drive. The VPN gives more protection, allows the user to surf the web without “ducking down” on every step. That’s pretty amazing and certainly makes this product stand out. However, the most important features still need a lot of work. So, is TotalAV safe? Well, when it comes to defending the system from malware, it can’t compete with the leaders (Kaspersky, McAfee, and the rest).
Ease Of Use
Hands down, this is one of the most friendly and easy-to-use antivirus products on the market. The process of downloading and installation is super easy and straightforward. It’s specifically designed to be combat-ready right from the start, without the need for the user to set everything up manually. The dashboard is clean, bright, and all the important features/settings are just a couple of clicks away. Plus, there are some cool and informative graphs that provide information about performance.
Package Features – What Does TotalAV Have To Offer?
- TotalAV Free. After you install this antivirus on your computer, you automatically get the free package. Obviously, it lacks most of the important features, but a quick scan to detect malware and a scan to improve performance are available. To switch to the more advanced packages, just log in with the credentials you received after the purchase.
- Essential Antivirus. The name says it all. It can be yours for just $19.95. However, make sure to cancel your subscription, because, for the second year, you’ll have to pay $99.95. As you already learned from our TotalAV review, the company offers huge discounts for the newcomers. With this package, only one device will be protected. Remote Firewall Protection, a 30-day MBG, and real-time protection are included.
- Pro Antivirus. According to the official website, this is the most popular pick. It costs 39.95 dollars, and the discount is the same: 80 dollars off. This package provides protection for 3 devices and comes with the SPV (Safe Password Vault) feature. That’s not really worth paying twice as much if you ask me. Most TotalAV reviews claim that Pro is the golden middle for the average users, but I can’t really agree with that.
- Ultimate Antivirus. Ladies and gents, please welcome the most expensive package. When you pay $59.95 for it, you’ll save 90 bucks (for the first year, of course). Protection for 5 devices and 24/7 priority support come as nice bonuses. If you really need 5 licenses, then this is it for you. Yet, as we established earlier, TotalAV virus protection leaves much to be desired. So, make your choice wisely.
TotalAV Support And Customer Service
Customer service is next on the menu in our TotalAV review, and I’m happy to say that support is amazing. Live chat is available 24/7: just click in the bottom right corner, and you’ll instantly get connected to one of the company’s representatives.
Sending an email is also an option; or if you’re a fan of talking, grab your phone and give them a call. Keep in mind, though, that you’ll only be able to discuss issues with billing over the phone.
People that like to educate themselves on a subject before going ahead and asking questions will appreciate the ever-growing knowledge base on the official website. They’ve got almost every topic covered in there, including download/installation, questions about the various packages and guides for solving issues.
Even if this is your first antivirus, the super-simple and straightforward instructions will help you make sense of it all. You could call them tiny TotalAV reviews that explain everything in great detail without using any techy words that will confuse the average user.
For a company that’s just getting started, TotalAV is doing some impressive first steps. It looks like they’ve got a great future ahead of themselves. True, their product does lack some advanced features and functionality, and that prevents it from becoming one of the leaders.
On the other hand, the solid pack of standard features, the user-friendly interface, and the super-smooth attitude certainly deserve some credit. And, the 30-day MBG option along with the $80/$90-off deal makes this antivirus even more appealing.