Editor's Choice: Best Scanguard Alternatives in 2019
Is Scanguard any Good?
Many ScanGuard reviews mislead the readers and make them think that this antivirus is some kind of a scam. Well, that’s not true. This company still needs some time to strengthen its position, but it can already be said that ScanGuard is here to stay.
The friendly dashboard, competitive prices, and lovely customer support are the biggest selling points of this antivirus. And with that first-year discount, you get an offer that won’t be easy to turn down.
The List of Pros and Cons
Alright, this is probably the most interesting part of our ScanGuard review. It is time to take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of this antivirus.
We don't like:
- The range of privacy features is wide – there’s enough to choose from.
- ScanGuard features an intuitive, user-friendly interface that’s a sight for sore eyes.
- Every package is available on all devices, including gadgets on iOS and the Mac systems, Windows 10 and Android.
- ScanGuard antivirus comes with a limited, but useful free version that will run a quick test on your computer.
- There’s a 30-day Money-Back Guarantee.
|Money back Guarantee||30 days|
|Manual Virus Scanning|
|USB Virus Scan|
|Registry Startup Scan|
|Auto Virus Scanning|
|Ease of use||4/5|
Safety is one of the biggest concerns today, especially when it comes to sensitive data that’s worth billions of dollars. You may wonder what does it have to do with you personally? Right, the computer of an average user is not nearly as valuable, but don’t we all want to know that our personal files are protected and no virus will ever be able to infiltrate the OS?
In this ScanGuard review, we’ll talk about its key elements and single out its pros and cons that will help you make the right decision. Overall, there are three packages to choose from; as always, the more expensive packages give you more features and more licenses. If you’ve got multiple devices that need protection, go with the most expensive plan.
Privacy – that’s the main focus of this company. Real-time scans don’t seem to slow down the system and allow the user to focus on his/her work without getting interrupted. Add tools that boost performance and the extra firewalls that are guarding the “gates” 24/7, and you’ll get one of the finest antiviruses out there.
At the same time, this product isn’t perfect – it’s got its fair share of downsides. Let’s take a closer look at what SG has to offer.
- People with devices that run on Windows, Mac, and iOS. This antivirus is compatible with every single major OS on the market. ScanGuard for Android, for example, works flawlessly.
- Customer service deserves a round of applause. Yes, it is really great.
Reliability and Security
As mentioned earlier in our review of ScanGuard, this is a very young company and it hasn’t been able to prove its worth yet. AV-Test and AV-Comparatives didn’t have the time to properly test this antivirus, but, according to happy reviews from the customers, there’s no need to worry about its performance.
The users claim that ScanGuard battles the strongest viruses like a pro and doesn’t put much pressure on the OS. Even real-time scans don’t slow down the computer, which is a huge plus. So, while we can’t be 100% sure that this antivirus is, indeed, on par with the best of the best, the satisfied ScanGuard reviews are there, and they shouldn’t be overlooked. After all, it’s the regular users that notice all the tiny imperfections and cool features, right?
When it comes to privacy, we can say with certainty that ScanGuard is one of the leaders of the race. These guys are new on the market, but they are already breathing down the necks of the leaders. You’ve got two checks at your disposal: a quick one that runs through the most important folders, and a full scan that checks every single corner. Anything fishy is automatically quarantined to protect the system. The Tune-Up tools are effective and easy to use; the File Manager gets rid of duplicates; ransomware protection is available with all packages.
Ease of Use
Now let’s proceed with our ScanGuard software review and take a look at the dashboard. This company is all about user-friendliness and awesome designs. The official website is nice and relaxing, while the antivirus itself is super easy to navigate. The process of downloading and installing is simple and straightforward. All the features are at your disposal right from the start. No science degree is needed to make sense of it all.
Cross-device compatibility is a great thing. It means that the experience with, say, antivirus for Android will be the same as with all the other devices, which is one of the features that make this product stand out.
The advanced settings are also intuitive and easy to get access to. You can configure the antivirus to your liking with just a couple of clicks. The bottom line is – ScanGuard is incredibly friendly and versatile.
Package Features – What Does ScanGuard Have to Offer?
- Essential Antivirus. The standard package can be yours for $24.95. That will give you 1-year protection for one device. It comes with real-time/ransomware/phishing protection, optimization tools for your computer, remote firewall protection, and more. Keep in mind, however, that for the second year, you’ll have to pay $99.95, which is a bit ridiculous, if you ask me. This is something that most ScanGuard reviews neglect to mention.
- Pro Antivirus. This is the second package, available for $39.95. As with the first plan, the huge discount applies only to the first year. Renewal will cost you $119.95. Pro comes with all the features of the original plan but offers licenses for three devices. Plus, you’ll get the Safe Password Vault. Is it all worth paying 40 dollars for? It definitely is if you need to protect three devices simultaneously.
- Ultimate Antivirus. As the name suggests, this is the most feature-packed version of ScanGuard. For $59.95, you receive licenses for five devices and get priority support 24/7. Furthermore, this package offers optimization and protection for your Smartphone. However, according to the ScanGuard reviews, this isn’t the most popular package – Pro is. It’s important to mention that the VPN is available no matter which plans you choose.
As for the ScanGuard free download and installation process, there’s nothing to worry about. Once it’s on your device, go through a quick registration routine and start taking advantage of SG. The scan will reveal all the potential threats so that you can get rid of them manually. Or, upgrade to one of the packages and let the antivirus take care of that.
ScanGuard Support and Customer Service
Support is exceptional. Live chat and email are available 24/7, and the people on the other side of the screen are very professional and helpful. Plus, on the official website, there’s a huge knowledge base that gives you the opportunity to fix whatever problem you’re having on your own.
Unfortunately, when we wanted to contact the software’s customer service to further fairly assess it in our ScanGuard review, we realized that support over the phone can only help you with questions you have about billing. That’s right: the team won’t be able to give you any technical support. Still, customer service is top-notch, and that’s not something we can say about all the other antivirus products.
Scanguard Antivirus Coupons: Get Your Promo Discount
Do you want to get comprehensive protection for your PC with an enormous discount of up to 74%? Scanguard gives such possibility to each newly joined customer. Currently, you can use official Scanguard coupons to save $75 on buying the Essential Antivirus suite ($24.95 instead of $99.95.) The plan covers one device.
The Scanguard Ultimate Antivirus suite with an expanded feature set and 5 licenses included is available at the price of $59.95. Its original cost without a promo code is $149.95, so you will save $90 on it.
ScanGuard Alternatives & Competitors
Looking for good alternatives to Scanguard Antivirus? We can help you:
- Scanguard vs Avast;
- Scanguard vs McAfee;
- Scanguard vs Malwarebytes;
- Scanguard vs Norton;
- Scanguard vs AVG.